Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Makes it all worth it!



As you know I was sick yesterday and still feeling not quite myself today. I decided to eat some soy beans cause they are nutritious and delicious and hoped they would not be too hard on my stomach. AJ came in and asked if he could have his very own. I cooked them up and showed him how to eat them and sent him off to watch cartoons. Awhile later he came into the living room and said, "thanks mom for letting me have soy beans." I told him he was welcome. He said, "they are really good, I'm glad I'm getting healthy! You're the best mom" (while hugging me repeatedly), really mom you're the best mom in the world. I love you so much mom. I just love you so much that I can't even stop." His hugs and his words coming from this little boy that I fight with so much, just thinking of it brings me to tears again! I pulled him into my lap, ignored whatever it was I was watching (I really can't even remember!) and cradled him in my arms telling him how much I loved him too. These are the moments that make all the tantrums and dirty hands and little boy things all worth it. How blessed we are as mothers for no one can love you like your child. Those cherished moments are not frequent but are the moments to remember forever. I hope that my boys know I love them. That despite all the yelling and tantrums (from both sides lol) that no matter what I will always love them. To my handsome little rugrats! Love Mommy!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it when the naughty ones surprise you with the best comments.

knightjorge said...

Hey baby!

I'm glad you had such a great moment with AJ! I love knowing that you're happy!

That's all. Just wanted you to know that.

:)

(Still loving the music choices!)