Saturday, July 26, 2008

Fireworks!!



K so this was our first year since having kids that we did fireworks at home. Well maybe we did them once when AJ was like 2. I can't remember. Anyhow, I'm sure he doesn't remember cause he was so little and we decided this year it was a must do. Anthony and I both worked 4th of July and 24th of July so this was our only opportunity to do/see fireworks with our chillins.




We did a few around the 6th but Brock had fallen asleep and we kind of breezed right through them cause it was the last night to do them and it was already around 11:30 pm.




Tonight we got started a little earlier as you can see from the sunset behind my cute little house!





The boys were really excited and loved watching the fireworks but they were also a little distracted that our neighbors were outside with family having a b-day party.
:(


































I have never really played around with taking firework pictures and some of these were the result. I had fun though and I don't think they turned out too bad. These are a few of faves....you know me I'm a shutterbug!

AJ took a turn taking some pics too, and in some of the pictures you can see him holding his fisher price camera so he could take his own pics.




I also played around a bit with shutter speed.


With this picture I had the shutter speed way low. It looks really cool though.

Oh yeah and it was also quite breezy as you can see from the firework spray.






























































































With this picture I had the shutter speed way up which causes more of a peppering effect. Kinda cool but a slower shutter speed is definitely my favorite for these.





























Anthony took the bottom picture, he had to take his turn at playing assistant to the photographer as well. LOL

No comments: