Thursday, July 3, 2008

Officially potty trained!!!....Hopefully

K so I'm the last person in the world that is going to hold my breath and say that Brock is finally potty trained but so far the signs point to yes!!

It all started when yesterday he said he had to go potty and so he got on and went and we all cheered like crazy for him. And then soon after that he said he had to go poopoo and he got on and went and we cheered like crazy. So I asked him if he wanted to wear big boy underwear like brother and he said yes. Well that didn't last long he peed in them. So I told him I would give him one more chance and it lasted awhile. This time I helped him out and reminded him to go potty which he did. Well shortly after he had gone potty somehow he managed to pee in the underwear and it was not a small amount. I guess everything he had drank caught up to him. So on the diaper goes and he was a diaper boy the rest of the day.

This morning he came in and I changed his diaper. Shortly after that he said he had to go poopoo again so I took him on the potty and he went again! Daddy was sleeping from working last night so I tried not to cheer too loudly but enough to show Brock how proud I was. He had gone pee in the diaper a little bit but not too much. Soon after that it was time to shower (he still showers with us, come on are ya kiddin me? We can't keep him out of the water!) Anyways, so while we were in the shower he got out to go potty on the toilet and then after the shower went potty on the toilet and then after that went potty on the toilet again! This is all without me prompting or reminding him too!! I have kept him bare bumbed since the shower and that may be one reason is he knows it will get all over the floor (this has not worked in the past though).

So to sum up I'm really really really hoping he is potty trained and we will only have to have pull ups for night time. Cross your fingers!

So as we speak Brock just brought me a pull up. I asked him if he wanted to wear it and he said yes. I asked him if he was gonna go peepee in it or on the potty and he said potty. Hmmm do I put it on or should I try the underwear again...decisions decisions. Okay so now he's whining and putting the pull up in my face I guess I got my answer! Lol

Wish us luck with this new big mile stone!

5 comments:

Camille said...

Ah darlin'.....

Thanks for what you said and I'm thrilled to see another blog to add to my list. All I can say is, don't let blog comments ruin your day. If they're there---yay... If not, don't take it personally. Trust me. Blogger envy is real, I know. BUT don't let it define who you are or what you think about yourself...or what others think about you. My sister gave me that advice and I'm stickin' to it. Remember this is your place. your journal. You get to be yourself here, 100%! Go for it!!!

knightjorge said...

Good luck with the potty training.

Thanks for the text checking on things last night.

Let me know how things are going.

Stefany said...

Yeah for you ! You did it. Potty training is so HUGE. Congrats. I just stumbled across your blog from THE Fourney Four and I felt like I ought to come by and visit your place.Its so bright and cheery around here. I'll have to come back and visit again. (smile)

Anonymous said...

I was hoping by the sickness that you were mabey pregnant. If you are not tell that hubby of yours to get busy oh and you too. I love that are kids are so close together inage even if we only see you like once a year. And congrats on the potty training. I believe that if this one turns out to be a boy I am screwed with the potty training my girls were so easy. Let us know when we can get together again.

Steph said...

Trevor has been going potty for a couple of weeks--as long as we are home and as long as he is buck naked! If I put anything on his bottom he pees it, but if he's free willying, he will go potty all day. I am going to do the 3-day potty training thing starting Sunday after church. Sara started it today. Maybe you'll be lucky and Brock will train himself!