Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Snowbird

Saturday we drove up to Snowbird for the weekend. We were going to leave around 2 or 3 but it was one of those days where nothing could go right. I woke up early (by my definition lol) and started to get things packed. It was 830 am and for me that is early cause I work on Friday nights til 2am but I was late so I didn't get home til almost 3 am. Anthony was still up and Brock was sleeping in his lap while he was on the computer. Brock would wake up every 45 minutes and was congested. Didn't have a fever though. So he kept us up just cause he wasn't feeling well until 5 am. That really makes 830 early.

So after I got some things packed and everyone was up we went down the Centerville to get the car from Dustins shop. It had been sputtering and overheating so this was the second time we had it down there in the last 3 weeks. We also got the emissions and inspection done (it passed). Then we came home and finished packing up. We were done but we were waiting for my mom cause she was going to take the kids in her Suburban and we were going to put grandma and grandpa in our car cause they are too old to climb into the suburban. Well in the meantime I got my house all good and cleaned and then we decided to wait at her house and get a car wash on the way. So we buy some drinks and get the car washed. Well our car was just too dirty so then we had to hand wash it at my parents house. Then over to Kmart to buy floaties for the pool and then back home cause we forgot Brocks sandals. On the way home the car started sputtering again and the temp was up half way. Anthony was soooo mad. We realized we couldn't risk taking the car up the canyon and we would have to drive the gas guzzler (expedition). So we went home grabbed a couple of items we forgot and put all the luggage and food into the expedition. By then my mom was almost ready so we met her at my grandparents rest home. Grandma and Grandpa weren't quite ready and it just takes a long time to get two old people who can barely walk down a level and into cars. They ended up riding with my mom after all cause our expedition is higher than the suburban. And AJ decided he wanted to ride with them too. Then my mom had to get gas and my brother and his family were already up at snowbird and I was supposed to make dinner!! This was about 615 pm. So we left my mom while she got gas and decided to continue to snowbird without her. Well not 10 minutes on the road Brock is whimpering and crying and pulling at his freaking ear!! So we stopped (AGAIN!!) in Bountiful and got some medicine. I got a cold/allergy medicine cause I wasn't sure what was wrong. Then I road in the back with him and he wouldn't take the medicine but he cried almost the whole way up. So we finally get up to snowbird and get out to unload the car and he starts throwing up!! Thankfully it was his soda so that would wash away with the rain, lol. We finally get everything upstairs and I was gonna start making the lasagna and realized....my mom had the beef! Well my sister in law helped keep my sanity through making dinner by helping out a TON!! But I really just wanted to go in the other room, lay face down on the bed and CRY! I was sooo tired and worn out and felt like I just wanted to lose my mind. Not how I planned my day AT ALL!!! But everyone thought dinner was really good and worth the wait so that was good. We just all relaxed in the room, no pool for us that night.

The next morning I had planned on making pancakes for everyone....thankfully that went WAY smoother than dinner :)

After breakfast we took the kids swimming and they had a blast!! AJ is a really good swimmer, so far he just swims in the shallow but lots of moms at the pool were commenting on it.
Brock would jump in but he wouldn't jump to Anthony and then he would "swim" by putting his face in the water and kicking his legs and moving his arms. He would come up for air and tell Anthony "again!" He did this over and over and over, it was hillarious. He's such a daredevil and isnt' afraid of anything and that scares me to death!! I guess my kids are just going to be natural born fish like their mommy!!

After swimming this is what the boys looked like and how they slept that night. Well atleast for an hour. AJ started not feeling well about 6pm and I made him drink a ton of water because I realized he hadn't drank very much all day long. And he kept sleeping. My oldest brother and his family left that afternoon and the youngest brother (still older than me) came up with his wife and some friends. We went swimming and my mom watched the boys (they were supposed to be sleeping). We had fun playing tennis ball tag in the water and my bro kept throwing the ball too far so it would roll off the pool deck and onto the ground floor below us. On Monday my dad came up with two of my niece's and we took them swimming. I don't have any pics of that because I don't want to take my expensive camera to the pool and Anthony's camera battery had died.
These are my cute nieces playing with my boys an hanging out. I'm really glad I got to spend that time with them. When I was younger and not married I was always playing with the little kids. Not fitting in with the adults and I'm 12 years older than the oldest grandkid. When I got married it didn't change much cause Anthony is such a kid himself. But after I had AJ I kind of had to grow up a little bit and so I was with the adults more and didn't spend as much time playing with the grandkids. After swimming we had to come home so Anthony could go to work. Even though it was only a couple of days it felt longer, not sure if that's good or bad, lol! Overall it was really nice to get away and have a break from the real world. I have sooo many memories of Snowbird since I grew up going there every year. My parents used to have a timeshare up there but they sold it. I really didn't want them to because I knew it meant the end of family traditions for my family, we didn't have very many growing up. A note to my parents, sometimes kids know things....I was right, we didn't have any more traditions after that. Anyways, I want to have lots of family traditions with my own family. Lots of family time, it's very important to me and I'm still trying to teach that to my husband ;)

P.S. Don't blame me for some of these pics cause some of them were taken by Anthony. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like so much fun!