Sunday, June 29, 2008

Doin' the church thing

So today is Sunday and I have felt crappy all day. And I don't mean emotionally. I got this knot in my stomach last night awhile after dinner and I was thinking, "what kind of knot is this? Am I hungry again? I think I'm gonna puke!" I hate throwing up with a PASSION!! I will fight it as long as I can. I'm not one of those people that can force it so they feel better. Anyways, I thankfully never did, I figured it might just be lack of sleep for the past few days. When I laid down I felt a little better. But I still had to prepare my primary lesson (did I mention Anthony and I were called to teach Sunbeams?) this morning and get ready for church and as soon as I woke up I felt sick all over again. So I'm breathing deeply and trying not to squish my stomach too much. At church I was starting to feel a little bit better and wondered if Satan was trying to keep me from church or something like that.

In my class there's this one little girl that reminds me of a porcelain doll. She has pale skin and brown curly hair and she is soooo skinny and tiny and fragile. Well I think she is new to primary cause every week she cries. Today during Sharing Time I had her sit on my lap and she did a lot better and then towards the end I was starting to feel really sick again and it didn't help matters that she was sitting on my lap. There's this other little boy and last week he did just fine, but this week he was sitting away by himself and crying and when it was time to take the kids to the classroom I told Anthony to get him. He just cried and cried and then that got the girl crying again lol. Once we got into class again they did better after a couple of minutes. And once again my feelings of sickness went away for the most part.

Class went pretty good but one thing I don't understand is parents letting their kids bring toys to primary. It's just a distraction and then they get caught up in playing with it instead of learning to sit quietly and listen. I think we let AJ bring toys to primary only a couple of times but he could play with them in Sacrament. That's just too long of a time with too many big words for them to sit still.

Anthony walked home with AJ cause he's always begging to walk to/from church. And when we got home Brock ran down the street to them so he could be with them.

Our home teachers came today for the first time, that was a nice visit. AJ wanted to play hangman (must have learned that at church) so we all agreed he could play one game of hang man. Our home teachers are both named Matt so they told AJ he could call them M&M. Well we barely made it without hanging the hangman. He only needed his nose and one of them guessed the very last letter. It was I by the way spelling Sbtrjni.....we had a great time laughing it up. They were very impressed that AJ knew how to read and spell. I laughed and said I have no idea how he's going to do this. Of course we got that answer when he would write the letters in the order that we guessed them. He was being so funny and cracking us all up. That kid loves to be the center of attention!


Earlier this week we had friends over kind of late and after they went home AJ and Brock went outside to jump while I was vacuuming. When they came in Brock let Goliath out. Lately he has been really good about coming back when we call him so we have been giving him a treat to reward him. Well by the time they told me and I could get outside he was LONG GONE! We went and got in the car and spent about 45 mins driving around looking for him with no such luck. The next day I was babysitting and didn't really get the opportunity to go looking some more. But I called the pound and they didn't have him. So after I dropped off the little guy I babysat we went driving around for another hour looking for him. I knew someone had him but they hadn't called us (our numbers are engraved on his tags) so I was trying to look between houses and through the fences I could. Well no such luck again. And by the way Anthony had driven around for awhile at like 2 am looking for him. Well I had to go to work and while I was there I got a phone call from a lady and this is what she said right after I said hello. "Do you wanna come get your dog?" I was like yeah where is he? Well she continued to rant and rave about how they found him last night so they put him in their yard so someone driving by could see him and say that's our dog. And i'm like we have looked for him several times. She said that he had put a hole in their screen door from scratching all night and I was thinking if you let him out he probably would have come home. She made me so upset acting like we didn't care about him, like we would have known where she lived and specifically went to her house to get him. I guess she has a neighbor that works for animal control and asked her to take him to work with her but she didn't. The thing that bugs me is my kids were so upset that they were going to bed without Goliath home safe and sound. And the first thing that Brock did in the morning is wake me up and tell me we needed to go and get him. It was cute but sad. Well I think I'm done for now...I think I need to take a nap.

3 comments:

knightjorge said...

Dude, your day still beat mine out by a long shot. I had to work an event at the Gallivan Center. Drunk bikers. Woo hoo. Not WOOHOO mind you, just woo hoo. I'm glad that you got the cute insane doggy back!

Matt's still down, understandably. Only bugged him once today. I'm proud of myself for not being obsessive about texting him or calling him every hour. I'm trying to be patient. He needs time to mourn. Everyone, three people, have told me that I need to be there for him and be patient and maybe it'll actually work to my advantage. Um, I've been waiting for him to be single for over TWO YEARS! How patient do people think I can be now that he's actually singe?

I have to go wash the sweat and stink of the day off of me. Help me keep my sanity until an appropriate amount of time goes by for Matt to be all right with my advances.

I so don't want to be his rebound. I want to have an actual chance with him. I hate this.

Call me, but after 3:30 PM so that I can actually talk.

Love you!

knightjorge said...

By the way, I totally dig the music you have on your playlist. I'm leaving the page up just so that I can keep listening. :)

Still love you!

Steph said...

Maybe you felt yucky cuz you're prego! ;)