Friday, June 27, 2008

Out of the mouths of babes

So about 2 wks ago my work started a summer wellness program. The goal is to walk 10,000 steps a day. I didn't realize how sedentary my lifestyle had become until I purchased a pedometer and used it the first day. So not only had my diet become....pretty much terrible....but I also have not been moving around very much at all. And that makes you gain weight? Weird! Well wearing this strange contraption on my waist everyday got lots of questions out of my boys, mostly just AJ since he is the talker. Brock just had fun pushing the button that would anounce my steps, over and over!

After wearing this pedometer for about 3 days AJ kept asking me, "how much weight have you lost now mom?" Or he would state, while looking at the numbers, "wow much you've lost a lot of weight today!" What a great supporter..although I finally explained to him you can't lose weight that fast and it's only counting my steps not my pounds. Then he asked me one day, "mom, how come you're belly is still jiggly?" Of course it makes you feel really great when your 5 yr old asks you something like that while patting your belly with his hand.

And that's just the start.

On another day he did it again only this time he asked how come it's not jiggly any more...strange I don't think it was really any different.

Yesterday we went to Lagoon a Beach and of course 90% of the women there are wearing bikinis. While walking through to find a place to park ourselves and our stuff he turns to me and says, "mom I just saw a girl who was hot." Assumming he was referring to her looks and being to busy to react, we kept walking. And then he clarified, "mom, I just saw a girl that was sexy." Hmmm interesting that a 5 yr old knows what sexy is..I knew much worse at his age but he still astonishes me sometimes...and guess where he learned it though...Nickelodeon!! Thankfully I am starting to get him more addicted to kbyu and pbs for thier learning cartoons and away from nasty cartoon network. Have you ever really watched those cartoons? They are strange, and they never have a moral to the story or even a lesson learned. Okay so there's a couple that aren't so bad but a few really make me think what the creators of these shows really want my small child to learn.

Last monday night was the start of Heritage Days here for Syracuse. One of the many events they have is Syracuse Idol. I was going to try out so I could overcome my fear of public singing but whad'ya know I lost my nerve. I also didn't want to feel like a fool amongst a bunch of teenagers and I'm this "old woman" wanting to win a contest! Anyways, this lady gets on to perfurme and AJ for some reason felt the need to inform me how much prettier she was than me. This, coming from a little boy, who is always telling his mama how pretty she is and what a good singer she is. Thank goodness he's 5 so I don't have to take it too personal. But I did inform him that was rude and not to tell me that again.

As for Brock (I can't blog only about one child, come on now!) he is talking a lot more lately. It seems everyday he uses another word I didn't know he knew. These are just a few....
noise
c'mon
away
loud
and basically at this point in my morning, after coming home from work, that's about all my fried brain can remember.

He is very good at letting Goliath out and Goliath has been pretty good about coming back when we call. However last night I was vacuuming when they came in and by the time I made it outside he was long gone. So off driving around we went calling and calling. It's actually very cute to hear Brock yell "Go go!" and try to whistle for him. AJ learned how to whistle now and so he's been a good helper calling for the dog. Well we didn't find him last night and then today we went driving around in the afternoon calling and calling. I kept looking at the fences between the houses wondering if someone was trying to keep him. We did finally get him back from someone calling us....she acted upset on the phone. Her first words were, "do you want to come get your dog?" Of course you crazy lady, I had no idea where he was. I dont know why she waited so long to call us but she kept telling me about how he made a hole in her door from scratching on it all night. I thought well serves you right, you should have called us last night, no matter now late, so my kids wouldn't have been so sad about thier doggy being gone. First thing Brock did this morning when he came in was say, "Go go gone?, bye-bye? c'mon mama bye-bye, get Gogo!" Now don't tell me that wasn't absolutely cute! He loves dogs and especially his own. He saw a demonstration of a cop dog doing his druggy doggy thing and he was still saying, (with arms wide open!) "hug, hug?" What a cute baby...

1 comment:

knightjorge said...

You should totally think about updating more often.

Thanks for coming and saying hi. That was nice. I spent the whole day all emotional and hung over. I only got three and a half hours of sleep and then got called in to work. Can I just tell you how not fun it is to work on that little amount of sleep while hung over and totally emotionally out of control crying worrying about Matt? Not at all fun. I was boobing like a little sissy off and on all day. It really doesn't help that I checked his blog before going to work and there was a post that totally wreaked of "hi I'm suicidal!"

He is not doing well. He has since posted another totally depressing blog post. He posted some about what he told me last night. Obviously he told it all to me because I'm the only one that he was talking to.

I hate love. I really do. I still think that this going to end really badly for me.

And really, you should post more. Like, EVERY DAY! Totally idiot stuff that no one cares about so you can be just like me. :)

I'm going to go wallow in depression while eating McDonald's and waiting for my laundry to dry. I don't want to work tomorrow.

See, now you have a comment. Yay!

Hey, don't be shy about commenting on my blog either. I enjoy the comments and almost the only one that ever comments anymore is Brian. And he worked for me at Teleperformance. It's kind of sad when the only person that comments on your blog is a former employee.

Talk to you soon I'm sure.