Thursday, June 19, 2008

Two wheelin'

Last year we tried and tried with AJ to get him off of training wheels but he would just get frustrated and fed up and then give up. Eventually so did we. Then this year we thought we should get a start on it at the beginning of Summer instead of at the end. Anthony went out and practiced with him the first time and he couldn't get up. Then one day I was outside so I decided to work with him on it. I think he was more excited this year because Uncle Brandon gave him a bike, it's still child size but a little bigger than the really small ones and it has shocks on it. He thinks it's so cool! So I went out and he ended up getting up a couple of times and doing okay. He got a little frustrated but I just felt we were so close I didn't want to give up just yet so I made him do it a couple more times as long as he was getting up.




Yesterday we were outside again and he wanted to practice, AND HE GOT UP!! Not only did he get up but he was doing really well right off the bat so we practiced with him starting by himself.












After a lot of hard work and falling a couple of times he was doing that pretty good too. I got some great shots of the boys at work and poor little Brock just wanted to ride too.












After being forgotten so much during brothers success he decided to go in the garage and play "tennis" with the ball hanging up so we know how far foward we can pull the Expedition.
































2 comments:

Kathryn Packer Roberts said...

Hey Amber! Thanks for inviting us to your blog! You are the first person who has actually put good music on thier blog =) (In my opinion =). How are you doing? Check out our blog if you haven't yet. I hope you don't mind I added your blog to my friend's list.

Carrie Rice said...

Thanks for the invite. Your blog turned out way cute..I had to have my cousin make mine for me (and it was the only way I was going to have one in the first place.) Good job getting AJ to ride a bike...it's fun seeing them overcome fears and make accomplishments!