Sunday, April 26, 2009

A post with no pictures??

I know, crazy of me huh? I can't believe it either. Well I can really it's just that I'm at work and felt the need to update my blog but I obviously don't have any pictures on this computer lol.
Hmm trying to think of what's been going on the last few weeks....

Well for those of you waiting to hear the news about my job..I did not get the full time position. I am very bummed about it but what can I do? So you won't find me sitting around sulking about it but when I think about it I do feel sullen for a moment. I was a little surprised at how many people were as shocked as I was though. Definitely re-affirms my feeling of loyalty to my Weber County Family ;)

We finally got our taxes done just 2 days before they were do and boy did we get a surprise...very little money! We knew it wouldn't be as big as it had been because of the fact that I mistakenly forgot to file the taxes that Anthony made in 07 so we owed the IRS a little over 1K. But we didn't realize we had somehow "made too much money" this last year. Really? Who took it?!? Where did it go?!? Cause I was sure feeling we had made a lot less than the last few years and have been hurting financially. Whoops is this airing my dirty laundry? Oh well, I don't care. I'm not the type of person that dwells too much on what others think of me lol.

So on a better note, I am finally cleared from physical therapy and the chiropractor so I just got a nice check in the mail ;) Too bad it has to go somewhere useful even though we "make too much money" lol. (Just alittle hint, it's amazing how much of a difference paying your tithing makes in your tax return)! Anthony will be cleared soon as well so that will be nice to not have to juggle our schedules around that anymore.

Those of you who are on facebook know this but I have been working out the past few weeks and I am feeling great! I feel like my life is finally going in a better direction and even when we have downers (like not getting the full time job), it doesn't get me down.

AJ is doing really well in school and is learning a lot. He leaves us little notes (mis-spelled severely) but we love that he is writing and trying atleast. Anthony won't like me posting this but one day he was being quite grumpy and AJ had wanted to play the x-box with him. AJ ended up giving him a note that said, "dad I dispise the way you are acting and don't want to play the xbox with you anymore." Wow, it was a huge wake up call to Anthony but also we were surprised that AJ used a word like dispise and used it correctly! AJ just wrote another note last night while we were working and we tried to reading it last night when we got home but asked AJ to translate it for us today but he said he didn't know! lol what a funny kid!

Brock is definitely his own little person and knows what he wants! He wants to be big like his brother and likes to copy him but I think that is more out of love than not sure who he is. He hates it when we go to our jobs and he loves it when we come home. We never get sick of him running up, screaming our names and throwing his tiny little strong arms around our legs and hugging so tight!

Anthony got a surprise from work. He has driven his patrol car into the ground and they are finally getting him a new one. As of 7-1-09 he should be driving a brand new Dodge Charger! You're so jealous aren't you? I know I am and it will be parked in MY driveway! LOL!!

Well I think I will stop there. I would love to post more about Easter but I will save that for when I have pictures to post with it. I'm sure, as always, I have some random pictures to post as well. Until then......Oh yeah one more thing. Take a look at my new photography blog.

1 comment:

Cole and Amy said...

Wow, it sounds like you've been busy lately! what kind of a job was it that you were trying for? sorry you didn't get it. I started a new job back in january with this amazing company that's expanding like crazy right now. they have offices all over utah, and it's great pay and you get to pick a lot of your own hours. anyways, their having this huge event up in salt lake on the 8th from 7-9pm. cole and I bought extra tickets if you and tony would like to come and check it out. it would deffinitely be worth your time. just let me know.